Alive Leisure is a charitable company commissioned in 2014 by the Borough Council of King’s Lynn & West Norfolk (BCKLWN) to manage sport and culture facilities and activities within West Norfolk. As a not-for-profit charity any surplus funds generated are put directly back into the services to improve opportunities and customer experience throughout the borough.
We are committed to delivering a high standard of service to our customers and focus very much on a continuous improvement culture through our Vision and Mission:
Turning ambitions into reality through sports, arts and culture
Creating leisure time opportunities to enhance the well-being of our community through services you can trust
The services are provided through three distinct organisations:
- Alive Leisure, we lead on the strategy for sport and culture in West Norfolk, delivering sports and cultural programmes, events and outreach activities.
- Alive Management Ltd who are contracted by Alive Leisure to provide day to day operational support, bars, catering and vending services.
- BCKLWN who own the sports and cultural facilities and retain responsibility for utilities, maintenance and capital expenditure costs.
Alive Leisure Key Service responsibilities:
- A versatile venue in King’s Lynn for theatre, comedy, touring musicals, concerts and panto with onsite bar and cafe.
- A large multi-use sports facility in King’s Lynn offering many sports, activities, associated clubs, athletics, fitness and dance, indoor skatepark, climbing, pitches including 3G, indoor bowls, inclusive play park, bars and catering and fishing lake. The facility is also the home to the College of West Anglia Sports Campus.
- A sea front leisure facility in Hunstanton offering leisure pool with flume, fitness and dance, indoor bowls, squash, roller skating and cafe.
- King’s Lynn town centre swimming pool which also provides fitness and class activities.
- A leisure facility offering a swimming pool and sports centre facilities including sports, activities, fitness and dance.
- A major annual 10K event in King’s Lynn attracting around 2,500 runners. The event is managed in partnership with Run For All, a not for profit organisation delivering major running events throughout the country. These events raise tens of thousands of pounds for charities and good causes including almost £50,000 raised in West Norfolk 2017.
- An extension of the main race, Mini GEAR is run over 1.2K aiming at families with approximately 1,000 taking part. Free school places are also available and this event is sponsored by local company Bespak.
- Village Games and Rural Sports
- Villages enter teams throughout the borough and year taking part in a variety of activities including archery, Footgolf, tennis, wheelchair basketball, badminton and table tennis. The winners overall are recognised at the Local Hero’s event at the Corn Exchange.
- Working in partnership with Creative Arts East to deliver outreach activities, which has included the Norwich Puppet Theatre interactive performance at the Oasis Hunstanton. Inclusive cultural activitivities also developed at the Corn Exchange offering relaxed and signed panto performances.