Alive Leisure (We, our and us) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller in respect of your personal data is Alive Leisure, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 8735413 and having its registered office at Lynnsport, Greenpark Avenue, King’s Lynn, Norfolk PE30 2NB. We are entered in the Information Commissioner's Register of Data Controllers with registration number ZA060815.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.aliveleisure.co.uk (our Site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to any service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- While you do not have to respond to surveys that we produce, if you choose to do so we may keep a record of the responses you provide for our research purposes.
- Details concerning your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site. Any transmission is therefore at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will keep it secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
How we use your information
We use the information we hold about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that service content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and the device from which you access our Site.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To provide interactive features of our service when you choose to use them.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We and/or selected third parties (namely, other voluntary and charitable organisations)] may use your personal data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you if you have provided us with your consent to do so.
If you are a new customer, we (and/or the third parties mentioned above) will only contact you for marketing purposes by electronic means if you have consented to this on the registration form you completed when you first signed up to our services. If you do not want us to use your personal data in this way, please ensure that you tick the relevant box on the registration form. If you do not wish to be contacted by third parties, please do not opt in to receive such communication.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e.g. telephone, e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you have changed your mind about being contacted for marketing purposes please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to change your preferences.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If our business or substantially all of its assets is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Subject access requests
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request that you make may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Should you wish to make a subject access request please write to Jan Clay, Company Secretary, at Alive Leisure, Greenpark Avenue, King’s Lynn, Norfolk PE30 2NB. You may wish to use the form below to make a subject access request, however this is not compulsory.] Please ensure that you provide a suitable form of identification, preferably photographic and showing your signature.
We will aim to comply with subject access requests as soon as possible and in any event within 40 calendar days, by providing you with a copy or summary of all the personal information that we hold.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we put on your computer, phone or other device that you use to browse our Site, if you agree. Cookies have many uses, but fundamentally they are used to store information about your visit to our website.
We encourage you to accept the cookies our website uses as they help us to improve the user experience for you and many others.
Cookies we use
We use two types of cookies on our website:
- Session cookies - These are temporary cookies that are deleted after each time you visit our Site.
- Persistent cookies - These remain in place on your device after your visit to our Site, to allow your preferences or actions to be remembered.
EU cookie directive
From 26 May 2011 a new European Union directive required all websites to gain the consent of our users to download cookies on to their machines. On 24 May 2012, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) released new guidance which said that a website can operate with cookies through ‘implied consent.’
Implied consent means that by using our website, you agree to cookies being set. If users want to disable cookies, this policy talks you through how to do this.
How to disable cookies
If you do not want to receive cookies from our Site, you can change your cookie settings under the privacy settings in your browser options. Under your browser settings you can also delete individual cookies or any cookies that your browser has stored.
The following links provide further information in relation to cookies generally, and on how you can change your settings, depending on which browser you use:
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Google Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
You can find more information on how to delete and control cookies at http://www.aboutcookies.org
Use of IP addresses
When we collect IP addresses it is only for system administration and to monitor the use of our site. Our IP link does not provide personal identification and so your use of our Site will remain anonymous.
Links to other websites
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for such policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.