Village Sports Co-ordinators
The Village Sports Co-ordinator scheme has been set up to encourage a greater number of sport and recreational opportunities in a designated rural area/village in the Borough. Alive Leisure recruits people in villages across the borough to act as local co-ordinators. These posts will be voluntary but an ‘honorarium’/expense payment of up to £300 is available.
Appointed co-ordinators will encourage the development of sport in their village/rural area, a role that may include some of the following activities:
- Put together a village team to compete in the Rural Village Games
- Co-ordinate holiday activities for young people (Village Sport Scheme)
- Co-ordinate a transport scheme to a sporting facility/activity
- Act as focal point for sporting information in the village
- Liaise with village organisations including Parish Councils, Village Halls and Playing Field Committees
- Co-ordinate a loan of Equipment Scheme
- Apply for external grants for village sporting projects
- Co-ordinate a Village Come-and-Try or Activity Day to encourage more people to take part in sport.
The Villages that are supported by a Village Sports Co-ordinator are; Harpley and the Massinghams, Leziate, West Winch, Terrington St Clement, The Walpoles, Wiggenhall, Heacham, Dersingham, Tilney All Saints, Clenchwarton, Downham, Feltwell and Methwold.
Would you like to become a Village Sport Co-ordinator? Don’t be discouraged by this long list of tasks you would agree to take on some of them, not all of them. Anyone (over 18) with an interest in sport and an ability to motivate others can apply to be a Village Sport Co-ordinator.
Village Sports Coordinator form.pdf
Other Volunteering Opportunities
Alive Sports Development organise a wide range of events for people living within King’s Lynn and West Norfolk area. To ensure these events and activities run smoothly we rely on a large amount of voluntary help.
Volunteers at events generally have to be adults over 16, prepared to ‘muck in’ with enthusiasm and common sense! They will be briefed on their role so they feel able to join the team knowing their responsibilities. Please visit the event section on our website to view the events where your voluntary help is needed. If you would like to volunteer at any of these events please get in touch.
Become a Coach
See our Coach Education and Development page for opportunities to become a coach in West Norfolk.